Friday, January 1, 2010

Holidays 2009

It's holiday time again. Between the girls ski training and racing, getting new carpet laid and my work travel, Megan did find time to go get a tree with us. Much to Steve's dismay, she picked a big fat tree! After setting up the tree and decorating the house, it's always good to have a nap with your favorite cat.



Megan's tree was so "fat" that after Heather and I had the lights on the tree, we had to go back down the tree with additional strands. Heather and Robert then finished decorating it for us.

And then it's Christmas morning.........no more girls getting up early, in fact this year Steve and I were up and dressed waiting on the girls. Finally an excited "meanie" mom woke them up.

In all the excitement and making breakfast, I now realize I only took a few pictures.
(Poppop: The pillow case picture still has to be taken.)



On New Year's Eve day, Steve and I arrived in Homer to join the other Wise siblings for our annual get together. After much ado about waiting to shoot the fireworks at midnight and no sooner, it was finally time. At least this year it was about 30 degrees warmer!
Michael, Riley and Christopher getting ready for the show provided by "Mike Wise Fire Works and More"........of course I just blinded them with my flash.


and the show begins.........oops, missed that one but got the tree.


Oooh Aaaah...says the crowd.




Whoop! Whoop! Happy New Year's say the girls.........


No comments: