Heather's racing season began in Fairbanks, Thursday, September 2nd. Here's the pack racing down hill and boy, were they moving fast!
Heather ended up placing 6th overall and 3rd for her team. Her goal was to place high enough on the UAF team to qualify her for the traveling team. (Hawaii is the first travel destination.....)
The 2nd race was Saturday morning. I thought I could go catch Heather's race and have just enough time to drive to Delta to watch Megan's race; however, upon arrival at UAF trails, they had swapped and started the men first. I got to say a quick Hi and good luck to Heather as she and Becca were warming up.
and see Heather's boyfriend, Ray (white shirt - who is racing "open" as he has already raced his four years of NCAA in cross country running) go by.
then it was off to Delta.......
(oh and how did Heather do? She ended up coming in 8th overall and 3rd for UAF, thereby securing her spot on the traveling team. Hawaii - September 25!)
Some pictures of Megan on the Delta trails......
Megan placed 3rd and had another great time -- 19:19.
NOTE: In case anyone is wondering why I don't mention Heather's times versus Megan's...the high school races are always 5K's where as Heather's races are always different distances (4K, 5K, 6K, 8K, etc...) so the times vary greatly.








No comments:
Post a Comment