Well, Irene, I am finally attempting our blog. (You are a hard act to follow!) And for those of you who like us enjoy watching ravens, at some point, I'll get to posting some ravens but for now some July highlights.
Our fishing trip 2008 began late Friday night, July 11, with our trek down to ANC. On Saturday we picked up Steve's brother Mark and his neighbor Ron and headed to Seward. After much ado about hitching the boat (someone left the proper hitch somewhere,) we setup camp and topped the night off with pizza. Fishing began on Sunday and the silvers were in at Pony Cove! Our second day of fishing we each caught our limit (six each) within half day. Needless to say it didn't take too many days for us to catch more fish than Heather and Megan could possibly eat this coming winter. It seems I didn't take too many pictures of our trip but here's evidence of our success of one of our exploring days outside of Resurrection Bay. If I remember correctly, we have two Yellow-eyes (the red fish), one halibut, two Ling-cod and our limit of silvers (three each) for outside Resurrection Bay. When we travel outside the Bay, Steve calls it "fishing for Lings and Things" as one never knows what will be pulled up from the sea.
Below, Steve's brother Mark reeling in a halibut in Homer on our only sunny day.
Our fishing trip 2008 began late Friday night, July 11, with our trek down to ANC. On Saturday we picked up Steve's brother Mark and his neighbor Ron and headed to Seward. After much ado about hitching the boat (someone left the proper hitch somewhere,) we setup camp and topped the night off with pizza. Fishing began on Sunday and the silvers were in at Pony Cove! Our second day of fishing we each caught our limit (six each) within half day. Needless to say it didn't take too many days for us to catch more fish than Heather and Megan could possibly eat this coming winter. It seems I didn't take too many pictures of our trip but here's evidence of our success of one of our exploring days outside of Resurrection Bay. If I remember correctly, we have two Yellow-eyes (the red fish), one halibut, two Ling-cod and our limit of silvers (three each) for outside Resurrection Bay. When we travel outside the Bay, Steve calls it "fishing for Lings and Things" as one never knows what will be pulled up from the sea.Below, Steve's brother Mark reeling in a halibut in Homer on our only sunny day.
Riley, Christopher and Steve as we head out to Otter Cove for dinner with the Wises.

We made several attempts to catch fish (and I was so confident that I could help Riley catch a silver or pink salmon) here's the big catch.......which Chris enjoyed touching. No cruelty here as the fish was successfully released and survived.

And finally, a thanks to Nanna for hosting us with dinners and a place to stay/hang out and to Irene & Matthew for boat storage!
No comments:
Post a Comment