Friday, October 23, 2009

U2 and Coyotes in Phoenix

Well usually when I travel for meetings, a few of us in the evenings go to some great restaurants and have fine food and wine. But this meeting was very different! I had learned a few months ago that U2 would be playing but it seemed no one was interested. Well, I was wrong, and six of us found ourselves at the University of Phoenix stadium for the U2 concert after one heck of a long tedious drive that took over 2 hours sometimes with us not moving at all. The traffic was unbearable but we did make it time as the Black Eyed Peas were just starting. Here is Fergie on the big screen, you can see the stage below.







I didn't bring my cell phone into the concert but borrowed one of my peers cell, and tried to call both girls during the Black Eyed Peas, but of course they were too busy for Mom and missed their chance at hearing Black Eyed Peas live. All of us with teenagers actually knew quite a few of the songs and boy can Fergie "shake it"...boom, boom, boom. During the Black Eyed Peas, we were trying to figure out the stage which we thought was some kind of spider. During the break, we still couldn't quite figure it out but when U2 started, the whole theme was around a space ship. Here's a picture of the stage during the break.....Bono as well as other band members would move out onto the outer ring. At one point, he brought up three sisters and at another time, a young girl. Boy were we envious.......


Here's "The Edge".......always wearing a stocking cap like someone else I know and love very much.

Here's Bono....


During the playing of "Vertigo", the screen dropped down as shown below and the video was spinning around, I was definitely feeling the vertigo affect.


So I didn't really know if this work, now that I know it did...wish I done one of my favorite songs as U2 played them all! It was a great show!



U2 played about three encores and throughout there was some "politicalness" to the message but it was very neutral about peace, helping others and what Americans do for the rest of the world. It was just great that's all I can say.


Then on Thursday night, several of us went to see the Phoenix Coyotes play Detroit Red Wings NHL game. Traffic wasn't so bad this time as we left much earlier....we were at least moving at a very slow crawl.






I was told that Osgood is one of the best goalies in the League.


A meeting of sorts.... :)





Riley and Christopher, I tried to get some video for you........




The game was actually quite exciting though I jumped every time the players hit the boards, the noise was so loud. Coyotes won in Overtime, 3 to 2.


The Phoenix meeting was one of the best ever! Well, at least after hours.....

No comments: