Viewers beware, you too could find the following in an abandoned pool near you. This blog is especially for Riley and Christopher, I couldn't help thinking of you while I was getting these photos.
I am spending this week with Steve's mom in Pennsylvania, and due to various reasons her pool has been not used the past three years. Instead it was covered and unfortunately this past winter the cover was ripped during a windstorm.
Well now it is the home to many tadpoles and frogs. These tadpoles are big! not the little ones I remember seeing somewhere in my life.
Now for the scary/prehistoric in-between tadpole and frog stage picture -- the froglet stage? (according to my internet research frogs have four stages; egg, tadpole, froglet, frog.) Personally, I think they look creepy and there are a lot of them in the pool. It's amazing to see how fast they skirt around in the water.
and finally the frogs in the pool....
I tried to determine what species these particular frogs may be and narrowed it down to either green frogs or bull frogs? Maybe my nephews or Poppop can make the final determination? Surely, someone who used to give sermons on frogs should be able to help determine which species this is? Anyway, these frogs make a noise that sounds like a really loose guitar string being plucked. Besides the noise of the "pool" frogs, the frogs in the woods make quite the racket as well at night. Take it from a light sleeper, a chorus of frogs can be VERY LOUD!!!
Yesterday, besides me being fascinated with frogs, we also saw one kit fox and four deer in the backyard. Though no visual sightings, I even heard the wild turkeys gobbling in the woods.
and yes, Mom, the lightening bugs are out..........






No comments:
Post a Comment